Are you planning to go on a tour for Yellowstone National Park? If you love the natural features then choose the Yellowstone national park.
“It’s a place where humanity meets humility”, said by Casey Anderson. A very safe and 2 million acres wide park is home to a peerless combination of natural beauty, majestic peaks, rugged wilderness and abundant wildlife.
Yellowstone National Park has something for every coming person. So whether you want to hike or like to watch the sunset quietly, Parks offers a big diversity of activities for all peoples to enjoy. Popular activities include boating, hiking, camping, bicycling, riding snowshoeing, fishing even as well as viewing wildlife.
Yellowstone National Park is the world’s first and largest National Park has the concentration of geysers and geothermal features. It is located in US states of Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. The Park was established on 1st March 1872, by U.S Congress.
The Old Faithful geyser is one of the most popular features and ionic spots of this Park. So Yellowstone Lake and Lower falls are very familiar for painting and photographs. It has many types of ecosystems, but the Sub-alpine forest is the most plentiful.
Season To Visit-Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park is open year-round. Each season provides tourists with a different experience travel from wildlife-watching adventures to back-country treks and guided snowmobiling to fall-foliage tours.
This overview helps you to determine which time of year you’d like to explore Yellowstone National Park.
Whether it is too warm and sunny but summer is beautiful and busiest season of the year to visit the park. The season offers fewer crowds and mild weather. So the weather is best for camping and hiking. The nights of the summer season in Yellowstone National park are cooler. Thunderstorms are very common in this season too.
Winter is truly unique and romantic in a national park. Although many roads are closed to vehicles in the park, tourists can visit the park with an authorized guide in snow coaches or on the snowmobiles. There is very heavy snowfall in the winter but the temperature drops down at midnight. Due to snow-covered wonderland, tourist can enjoy the skating too.
In the winter season, visitors can stay inside the park at the Mammoth Hot Spring Hotel or Old Faithful Lodge and Cabins. These locations have casual dining facilities for guests too.
The comfortable days and chilly evenings with the crisp mountain air, an array of colorful foliage and Wapiti bugling are the part of Autumn season in Yellowstone National Park. During autumn, wildlife is very active in the park too.
For upcoming winter, grizzly and black bears fill their bellies to get prepared for hibernation. In the early morning and at dusk, tourist will hear the bugling in the park too. So if you want to make a movie on wildlife then Autumn in Yellowstone National Park is the best choice.
In the spring season, additional roads are open. So if you don’t like the crowd than spring is an ideal season to plan the trip. This season has abundant wildlife, wild weathers, and as well as roaring waterfalls. The activities to do during the tour includes spring biking, hiking on lower-elevation trails and as well as wildlife watching.
The Entrance-Yellowstone National Park
There is 5 entrance of the Park which opened according to season requirements.
West Entrance: it is open to wheeled vehicles from April to November. So the closest airline service is West Yellowstone, MT, Bozeman, MT, Idaho Falls, ID, and Salt Lake City, UT.
North Entrance: this is the only entrance of Park which opens all the year. So the closest airline service of Yellowstone is Bozeman, MT.
South and East Entrance: open from May to November and closest airline service to the South Entrance is Jackson, WY. So the closest airline services to the East Entrance is Cody, WY.
Northeast Entrance: the opening dates vary from year to year for roads east of Cooke City. Its opening depends on weather condition. So the closest airline services are Billings, MT.
There is an entrance fee which provides the permit for both Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.
Accommodations-Yellowstone National Park
During summer, tourists have the options to select from nine locations within the park boundaries. So the accommodations include
- Grant Village
- Lake Lodge Cabins
- Old Faithful Lodge Cabins
- Canyon Lodge and Cabins
- Old Faithful Inn
- Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabins
- Mammoth Hot Spring Hotel and Cabins
- Roosevelt Lodge and Cabins
They offer different types of dining too. It is important to note that all lodging do not have televisions, radios, air conditioning or as well as Internet, allowing visitors to relax. All lodging within the park is non-smoking. Although Wi-Fi is available at specific locations .
10 Wonders-Yellowstone National Park
The 10 natural wonders of Park includes
- Lamar Valley which famous for its abundance of Wolves, moose, bison Wapiti, as well as bears and many more animals frequent the area. So you must visit the valley with a guideline for safe wildlife watching.
- Upper Geyser Basin is best to see the geyser erupt. It is the highest concentration of geothermal features including Old Faithful.
- Tower Fall is one of the dramatic waterfalls which is most popular. So this place is best for the painters if they want to paint some natural scenes.
- Norris Geyser Basin has the wooden boardwalk which allows the visitors to get the closest view of geothermal features. So it is the hottest geyser basin in the park.
- Yellowstone Lake is the largest alpine lake in the Northen America. Visitors can enjoy the boating in this lake.
- Hayden Valley is one of the best places in the park to observe the wildlife. It is between the Canyon and Lake.
- Mud Volcano is truly captivating having noxious odor caused by sulphur. Sulphuric acid in the pots eats away at the surrounding landscape.
- Mammoth Hot Springs is the combination of heat, water, minerals, and limestone.
- Lower Geyser Basin is the largest geyser basin in the park having an array geothermal feature.
- Grand Canyon Of the Yellowstone is the beautiful canyon carved by the Yellowstone River. It is very famous for photography.
Yellowstone National Park is the best choice, if you are going to plan a trip in this year. It will be full of enjoyment and informative tour. You can enjoy wildlife and nature. So, decide earlier before the booking closed.